Thursday 1 December 2011

The ONDINE series, in four acts.

The super tricky thing about writing a synopsis is the author has to show how the story ends.

My instinct is to say, 'You have to read it to find out how it ends.'

I think I've found a way to do both:

Act One: Ondine lives in the Eastern European country of Brugel.
She works at her family pub.
Her pet ferret, Shambles, begins talking with a Scottish accent.

Act Two: Shambles is no ordinary ferret.
He's really Hamish McPhee, and a witch cursed him a good one.

Act Three: Ondine falls madly in love with Hamish
and will do anything to break the spell for good.

Act Four: They travel back in time and are eaten by dinosaurs.



8 comments:

Polly Heatherton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leanne :) said...

Thats just ever so slightly awesome lol dinosaurs!

Ebony McKenna. said...

'scuse my messy housekeeping. It wasn't a rude comment, just on the wrong post. lol.

Ebony McKenna. said...

hehehehe, thanks M-o-R tee hee, I think you'll agree I have managed not to give away the entire ending.

Emmie said...

You are a little bit crazy! (But in a good way.) I love the fuzzy felt outline -- I wonder if editors will start accepting these as an alternative to a synopsis?

Ebony McKenna. said...

hehehe Emmie, embrace the crazy.

Heather said...

ROTFL! That is hilarious! Love it. And the pictures, perfect!

Ebony McKenna. said...

*grins* Heather, it's the book with something for everyone, lol.