Monday 12 August 2013

Conference Time

In three sleeps, I'll be heading off to Fremantle, WA, for the Romance Writers of Australia's National Conference.

Non stop events and workshops and networking . . . and if I get any down time, I'll be on the hunt for a curry pie.

This is the first time I'll be presenting at an RWA conference, and I'm pretty excited. My breakout session will be the last one on Sunday. It's called Navigating the Markers, Turning Points in Story.

Why do writers need turning points?
Turning points are where the story happens, where things move forward.

In romance, you want the emotions to ring true, you want the fiction to feel real.

Turning points will do that for your writing.

If you can't make the conference, that's OK. Here are the background notes that you can use to help nail the turning points in your story. Actually, if you are coming, grab the notes as well, because they're really useful.

If you will be at conference, awesome! Don't worry, my presentation will not simply be me standing on stage reading my notes out. I've got way cooler things. Like plugging the ipad into the projector and then connecting it via bluetooth to my iphone which I then use as a remote control. Yeah baby, we're living in the future.

No comments: