Thursday 13 November 2014

Dance like nobody's watching . . .

Dance like nobody's watching . . . and blog like nobody's reading it.

I just read a terrific and succinct article giving 10 reasons to persist with a blog even if it seems like nobody is reading it.

Here's my take home:
1. People do still read blogs.
2. People don't have as much time to comment any more.
3. People would rather 'retweet' and pass on information than comment.
4. The empty space in the comment box is too confronting. People don't want to be the only one commenting. (Whereas lots of comments makes it look like more of a community.)
5. I can't build a community unless I have something for people to read or a reason for people to come here.

In the mean time, here is a book I have absolutely adored.



If you have read Courtney Milan's novels, you'll know how awesome they are. If you haven't, then hurry up. She's an amazing writer.


No comments: