Thursday 20 November 2014

Up all night reading

I am not a morning person.
Oh don't pretend you haven't done it either.
Stayed up all night reading something you simply can't stop.
"Just one more chapter" you tell your tired, frazzled brain.

Heh!

Then the morning comes and all you want to do is sleep. But the morning cannot be ignored, and so you drag your tired self into the world of the everyday. Meanwhile, your brain is telling you to get back to the book. NOW!

Michael Grant's Gone series has done this to me. They've wiped my brain and all I could think was "This is so good, I wish there was more," and also, "Why couldn't we have read this in high school instead of Lord of the Flies?"

So I gobbled the first three books in the six-part Gone series (Gone, Hunger, Lies) as they came out. But of course, they came out a year apart and I'd get to the end of each one and scream 'noooooooooooooo' and be desperate for the next.

So what I've done for the final three (Plague, Fear, Light) is buy them and have them sitting on my shelf so I can read them all in one marathon of non-sleeping insanity.

I'm gonna love it.







No comments: